Thursday, September 14, 2023

#1: Writing Exercise: [ Do you like Starbucks? What do you usually order there?, スターバックスが好きですか。スタバで、普段、何を注文しますか。] Write your answer in Japanese.

Instruction for Writing Practice

 

こんにちは。Motoです。For writing practice, I am introducing the following method. You can apply my method to your Japanese Writing Practice.


1: I pick up one question from “Discussion/Further Discussion” on the DMM英会話Daily News. This time, the question is 

“Do you like Starbucks? What do you usually order there?, スターバックスが好きですか。スタバで、普段、何を注文しますか

2: I try to write answer sentences to “The Question” in English.

3: Usually, I will ask ChatGPT to correct my answer and compare the original one and corrected one.

4: For someone learning Japanese, I will leave my answer and its Japanese translation as example. (I will translate my answer loosely in Japanese, not literally.)

5: Now, your turn. try to write your answer in Japanese to “The Question”. You can refer to my translated answer in Japanese as example.

6: Put the question and your Japanese sentences in ChatGPT and get a correction.

7: if you like, post your original sentences and corrected sentences. I will check your sentences and leave comments.

 

Notes

1: Many mistakes are necessary for improvement. It is OK to write just simple and short sentences.

2: Try to think about appropriate sentence structure and logical flow (this part is the most important).

3, In a comment section (Blog, Twitter, Reddit etc.), post your answer in Japanese in48 hoursfrom posting this thread. Sometimes, I cannot respond to all (especially, off topic) because I have limitation of time but I try to check your writing.

4: If you add explanation and English translation, it will be helpful to understand and check your sentences more accurately.

 

The Question

 Here is the question.

“Do you like Starbucks? What do you usually order there?, スターバックスが好きですか。スタバで、普段、何を注文しますか。

 

Example Answer in Japanese and English

This is a just example. If you are Beginner or Intermediate level learners, it is OK to write just simple and short sentences.

私はスタバが好きじゃありません。なぜならスタバのコーヒーの味が嫌いだからです。ローストし過ぎで美味しくないし、値段が高いからです。友達と集まるのに、他のカフェが見つからない場合のみ、スタバに行きますが、普段は他のカフェに行きます。

 (Corrected by ChatGPT: I don't particularly like Starbucks because I'm not a fan of the flavor of their coffee. It's too roasted for my taste, and I find it a bit expensive. If I can't find any other cafes to have a gathering my friends, I might go there, but I usually prefer other cafes.)

私(わたし)はスタバが好(す)きじゃありません。なぜならスタバのコーヒーの味(あじ)が嫌()きらいだからです。ローストし過(す)ぎで美味(おい)しくないし、値段(ねだん)が高(たか)いからです。友達(ともだち)と集(あつ)まるのに、他(ほか)のカフェが見(み)つからない場合(ばあい)のみ、スタバに行(い)きますが、普段(ふだん)は他(ほか)のカフェに行(い)きます。

 

Reference

DMM Eikaiwa 2023, “How Starbucks Changed the Way We Order Coffee”,

https://eikaiwa.dmm.com/app/daily-news/article/how-starbucks-changed-the-way-we-order-coffee/uC0BtEaNEe68HtvU-i3lfg

 

Update Alert by SNS

I will continue to upload of this series. You can easily get each time update, if you follow my SNS or Reddit account.

 

Twitter☆ 

https://twitter.com/motolearnshare

 

YouTube☆

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCiIPOjYxFa_hAi8338SZ7dw?view_as=subscriber



No comments:

Post a Comment

Post your Japanese sentences in accordance with Writing Practice Instructions. (Need to sign in Google)