Sunday, September 24, 2023

#2: Writing Exercise: [What are your favorite cafes or coffee shops?] Write your answer in Japanese.

 


①Instruction for Writing Practice

 

こんにちは。Motoです。For writing practice, I am introducing the following method. You can apply my method to your Japanese Writing Practice.

 

1: I pick up one question from “Discussion/Further Discussion” on the DMM英会話Daily News. This time, the question I chose is “What are your favorite cafes or coffee shops?”

 

2: I try to write answer sentences to “The Question” in English.

 

3: I will ask ChatGPT to correct my answer and compare the original one and corrected one.

 

4: For someone learning Japanese, I will leave my answer and its Japanese translation as example. (I will translate my answer loosely in Japanese, not literally.)

 

5: Now, your turn. try to write your answer in Japanese to “The Question”. You can refer to my translated answer in Japanese as example.

 

6: if you like, post your sentences. I will check your sentences and leave comments.

 

 

②Notes

1: Many mistakes are necessary for improvement. It is OK to write just simple and short sentences.

 

2: Try to think about appropriate sentence structure and logical flow (this part is the most important).

 

3, In a comment section (Blog, Twitter, Reddit etc.), post your answer in Japanese in“48 hours” from posting this thread. I cannot respond to all (especially, off topic) because I have limitation of time, but I try to check your writing.

 

4: If you add explanation and English translation, it will be helpful to understand and check your sentences more accurately.

 

 

③The Question

 

Here is the question.

 

“What are your favorite cafes or coffee shops?”

 

④Example Answer (English , Japanese, with Hiragana)

 

This is a just example. If you are Beginner or Intermediate level learners, it is OK to write just simple and short sentences.

 

(English)

 My favorite place where I usually enjoy a hot drink is MosBurger. This is because the price of coffee is not expensive, and the quality of the food is very high. I usually order a chili dog or onion fries along with hot tea or coffee. Four to five times a year, MosBurger introduces seasonal items; for example, they sold Amanatsu ginger ale and Mazeru milkshake last summer. Having seasonal items is one of the reasons I like to stop by MosBurger.

 

(Japanese with Hiragana)

ホットドリンクを飲(の)むために、よく訪(おとず)れる大好(だいす)きな場所(ばしょ)は、モスバーガーです。その理由(りゆう)として、モスバーガーのコーヒーは高(たか)くないし、食事(しょくじ)のメニューの質(しつ)がいいことがあげられます。

 

私(わたし)は普段(ふだん)、チリドックか、オニオンフライをコーヒーか紅茶(こうちゃ)とともに注文(ちゅうもん)します。

 

年(ねん)に4-5回(かい)、モスは季節限定(きせつげんてい)の商品(しょうひん)を売(う)ることがあります。今年(ことし)の夏(なつ)は、甘夏(あまなつ)のジンジャーエールや、混(ま)ぜるシェイクでした。季節限定商品を買(か)いに行(い)くということも、モスに行く理由(りゆう)の一つです。

 

⑤Reference

DMM Eikaiwa 2023, “How Starbucks Changed the Way We Order Coffee”,

https://eikaiwa.dmm.com/app/daily-news/article/how-starbucks-changed-the-way-we-order-coffee/uC0BtEaNEe68HtvU-i3lfg

 

 

⑥Update Alert by SNS

I will continue to upload of this series. You can easily get each time update, if you follow my SNS or Reddit account.

 

☆Twitter☆ 

https://twitter.com/motolearnshare

 

☆YouTube☆

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCiIPOjYxFa_hAi8338SZ7dw?view_as=subscriber

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post your Japanese sentences in accordance with Writing Practice Instructions. (Need to sign in Google)