Tuesday, March 31, 2020

#6 Japanese Writing Club with Moto: Topic: Life in Quarantine:あなたが自宅で2週間の隔離生活をおくるとしたら、退屈しないためにどのような事をしますか。




Aim of Japanese Writing Club 

I am learning English and I want to improve more. Thus, making video or writing blog with English translation is a good practice for me.

On the other hand, I’m also interested in introducing how to practice Japanese. Thus, I am writing blog or making video about learning Japanese.


As you know, one of important things to improve writing is to write a lot.
Thus, I think it is better for us to have co-learning online that we check an article, we try to write question sentence, write its answer as writing practice and share them on Reddit or YouTube comment.


Writing Practice: What will we do? 

Level 1: For Basic Level Learner

This time topic is “隔離生活 life in quarantine. I am going to give you a question that I chose from DMM Eikaiwa. To practice Japanese writing, try to write answer in Japanese and if you like, share on the comment in Reddit.

If you have difficulty to use Kanji, only using Hiragana and Katakana is also OK. This is just practice so don’t hesitate and just try. If you also have difficulty to read Kanji, use this web site put Kanji and push “ひらがな”.

Question

Q: What would you do to stop yourself from getting bored if you were quarantined at home for two weeks?
あなたが自宅で2週間の隔離生活をおくるとしたら、退屈しないためにどのような事をしますか。


Example Answer

私が住んでいる町はまだ町の閉鎖や移動の制限などはないです。でも、もし、隔離生活をおくらなければいけない場合は、家でブログを書いたりビデオを作ったりすると思います。
The city that I am living still does not have restriction on movement and its lockdown. However, if it has and I have to stay at home, I will write blog and make videos.

英語の勉強のために、英語でブログを書いたり、ビデオを作るのが趣味なので、特に日本語の学習に関するコンテンツを英語でつくり、ブログやYouTube, Redditにアップし、色々な国の人とコミュニケーションを楽しもうと思います。
To learn English, writing blog and making video in English is my hobby so I will make some contents especially for someone learning Japanese, upload them on blog, YouTube and Reddit and enjoy communication with various countries people.

あとは、もし、移動が制限されても、スーパーに買物には行けると思うので、いろいろな食材を買って、クックパッドなどのインターネットでレシピを見ながら、今まで作ったことがない料理を作ろうと思います。
In addition to that, if the government implements restriction on movement, it will still permit us to go to supermarket. I will buy various ingredients and while checking a recipe on the internet such as “cookpad”, I will try to cook something that I have never cooked before.



Level 2: For Intermediate Level Learner

(1) I introduce an article “Things to do While Quarantined at Home自宅での隔離生活の間にできること” from DMM Eikaiwa. DMM Eikaiwa is a web site for Japanese people learning English. I try to apply this web site for Japanese writing activity.

To understand topic, read the introduced article in DMM Eikaiwa. News Article sometimes has Japanese Translation but sometimes does not have Japanese Translation. This is not reading practice so if you cannot understand Japanese translation, it is OK to just read English sentences to understand the topic.

DMM Eikaiwa Link

(2) Under the news article in DMM Eikaiwa, you can find out “Questions”, “Discussion” and “Further Discussion”. We do not use “Questions”. This is because “Questions” is made up of easy questions and it seems to be designed for reading activity. Thus, please choose one question from “Discussion” or “Further Discussion” for your writing. 

(3) Try to write your answer sentences and if you like, share on the comment in Reddit.
To make sure which question you chose, it is better to write the question that you referred to in “Discussion” or “Further Discussion”

Question and Comment

If you have some questions about topic or some Japanese expressions to write question and answer, ask me in the comment section on Reddit. It is also OK to ask Japanese culture or current situation related to the topic. If you ask me something in English, I will respond in English. If Japanese, I will respond in Japanese. That might be good practice in writing. Although I cannot respond to all because I have limitation of time, I try to comment.



Level 3: Upper intermediate level 

If you want to have more practice, try to check “DMM Eikaiwa Daily News”, choose one news article. In the news article, choose one question topic from “Discussion” or “Further Discussion” and try to write your answer, and share on the comment in Reddit. When you try to share, it is better to write the question that is referred from “Discussion” or “Further Discussion” and its link to DMM Eikaiwa to show from which article the question comes. I am going to show an example.

Example:

(1) Go to DMM Eikaiwa daily News.

(2) I have chosen a news article “McDonalds Sells Special Burger Scented Candlesマクドナルド、ハンバーガーの香りがする特別なキャンドルを販売” from DMM Eikaiwa.


(3) I chose a question topic “What restaurants do you eat at most often? Why? あなたが最も頻繁に食べに行くレストランはどこですか。なぜですか” from “Further Discussion”.

(4) I wrote example sentence like this.

Example Answer :

家の近くにマックとバーガーキングがありますが、私はバーガーキングによくいきます。(40 characters)
There are Macdonald’s and Burger King near my house. I prefer Burger King to McDonald's.

私が住んでいるエリアでは、バーガーキングのコーヒーは少しマックより高いですが、バーガーキングのコーヒーはマックのコーヒーより美味しいので、それがよく行く理由です。(81 characters) 
In my town, the coffee price of Burger King is little more expensive than that of Mac but I think Burger King’s coffee is much more tasty than that of Mac. That’s why I often go to Burger King.

あと、バーガーキングのフライドポテトは、おそらく注文が入ってから揚げる方式だと思うので、ポテトも、マックより美味しいと思います。なので、バーガーキングへよく行きます。(83 characters)
In addition to that, I think Burger King’s fried potato is fried to order. Thus, I think its potato is more tasty than that of Mac. That is also one of reasons.


(Total 204 Japanese characters)


Practice

Now, your turn. Try to write answers in accordance with Level 1-3 and share your writings in the comment section on Reddit. 



OK, that’s all for today. Thanks for checking. Bye bye.
じゃあ今日は、これで終わりです。ありがとうございました。

I will announce uploading new contents, if you like, please subscribe.

Subscribe YouTube☆


Subscribe Twitter☆ 

Reference
DMM Eikaiwa 2020, Things to do While Quarantined at Home自宅での隔離生活の間にできること, https://eikaiwa.dmm.com/app/daily-news/article/things-to-do-while-quarantined-at-home/ZH3WTGzyEeq_BLt4GYw9FA