Wednesday, May 27, 2020

#12 Japanese Writing Club with Moto: Topic: Would you rather study art, history, or cinematography? Why? 芸術、歴史、映画撮影術の中で、勉強したいのはどれですか。なぜですか。


Aim of Japanese Writing Club 

I am learning English and I want to improve more. Thus, making video or writing blog with English translation is a good practice for me.

On the other hand, I’m also interested in introducing how to practice Japanese. Thus, I am writing blog or making video about learning Japanese.

As you know, one of important things to improve writing is to write a lot.
Thus, I think it is better for us to have co-learning online that we check an article, we try to write question sentence, write its answer as writing practice and share them on Reddit or YouTube comment.


Writing Practice: What will we do? 

Level 1: For Basic Level Learner

This time topic is “芸術、歴史、映画、勉強”. I am going to give you a question Would you rather study art, history, or cinematography? Why?芸術、歴史、映画撮影術の中で、勉強したいのはどれですか。” I referred to this question from an article “Studio Ghibli Museum Shares Short Video Toursスタジオジブリ美術館、短い動画ツアーを共有” in DMM Eikaiwa. DMM Eikaiwa is a website for Japanese guys learning English. I will apply the question to Japanese writing practice. To practice Japanese writing, try to write answer in Japanese and if you like, share on the comment in Reddit.

If you have difficulty to use Kanji, only using Hiragana and Katakana is also OK. This is just practice so don’t hesitate and just try. If you also have difficulty to read Kanji, use this web site put Kanji and push “ひらがな”.

Question

Q: Would you rather study art, history, or cinematography? Why?
芸術、歴史、映画撮影術の中で、勉強したいのはどれですか。なぜですか。

Example Answer

自分は何かを作るのが好きなので、この中からだったら、アートを勉強したいです。
I really like making something, so I prefer studying Art.

子供の頃は、焼き物を作るワークショップに参加していて興味があるので、特に焼き物の作り方について勉強したいと思います。
When I was a child, I sometimes joined a workshop in which I made potteries. I have been especially interested in making pottery so I want to study how to make.

先日、YouTubeで、焼き物の窯を作る工程の動画を見ました。その動画の中では、窯を作った後も、どのように温度管理をするかなども描写されており、非常に面白かったです。
The other day, I watched a video in which people introduced a process to make a kiln and after building a kiln, the video also described how to manage the temperature inside of the kiln to make potteries. That was very interesting.

おそらく、焼き物につかう染料に関しても、勉強すると面白いのではないかと思います。
I think ceramics painting could require knowledge about many types of dyestuff and its combination. I am also curious about that.

また、映画撮影技術も勉強したいです。
I also want to study cinematography.

最近、動画を撮影する機会が増えてきたので、もし、自分が映画撮影術の勉強をすれば、何か撮影や編集に応用できる技術などが獲得できるかもしれません。それなので、映画撮影技術の勉強は、この中では、二番目に興味があります。
Recently, I have more opportunities to shoot videos. If I study cinematography, I think I could get some skills that I can apply to shooting and editing videos, so study of cinematography is the second most interesting thing out of these.


Level 2: For Intermediate Level Learner

(1) I introduce an article Studio Ghibli Museum Shares Short Video Tours スタジオジブリ美術館、短い動画ツアーを共有 from DMM Eikaiwa. DMM Eikaiwa is a web site for Japanese people learning English. I try to apply this web site to Japanese writing activity.

To understand topic, read the introduced article in DMM Eikaiwa. News Article sometimes has Japanese Translation but sometimes does not have Japanese Translation. This is not reading practice so if you cannot understand Japanese translation, it is OK to just read English sentences to understand the topic.

 DMMEikaiwa

(2) Under the news article in DMM Eikaiwa, you can find out “Questions”, “Discussion” and “Further Discussion”. We do not use “Questions”. This is because “Questions” is made up of easy questions and it seems to be designed for reading activity. Thus, please choose one question from “Discussion” or “Further Discussion” for your writing. 

(3) Try to write your answer sentences and if you like, share on the comment in Reddit. To make sure which question you chose, it is better to write the question that you referred to in “Discussion” or “Further Discussion”

Question and Comment

If you have some questions about topic or some Japanese expressions to write question and answer, ask me in the comment section on Reddit. It is also OK to ask Japanese culture or current situation related to the topic. If you ask me something in English, I will respond in English. If Japanese, I will respond in Japanese. That might be good practice in writing. Although I cannot respond to all because I have limitation of time, I try to comment.

Level 3: Upper intermediate level

If you want to have more practice, try to check “DMM Eikaiwa Daily News”, choose one news article. In the news article, choose one question topic from “Discussion” or “Further Discussion” and try to write your answer, and share on the comment below. When you try to share, it is better to write the question that is referred from “Discussion” or “Further Discussion” and its link to DMM Eikaiwa to show from which article the question comes. I am going to show an example.

Example:

(1) Go to DMM Eikaiwa daily News.

(2) I have chosen a news article “McDonalds Sells Special Burger Scented Candlesマクドナルド、ハンバーガーの香りがする特別なキャンドルを販売” from DMM Eikaiwa.


(3) I chose a question topic “What restaurants do you eat at most often? Why? あなたが最も頻繁に食べに行くレストランはどこですか。なぜですか” from “Further Discussion”.

(4) I wrote example sentence like this.

Example Answer:

家の近くにマックとバーガーキングがありますが、私はバーガーキングによくいきます。(40 characters)
There are Macdonald’s and Burger King near my house. I prefer Burger King to McDonald's.

私が住んでいるエリアでは、バーガーキングのコーヒーは少しマックより高いですが、バーガーキングのコーヒーはマックのコーヒーより美味しいので、それがよく行く理由です。(81 characters) 
In my town, the coffee price of Burger King is little more expensive than that of Mac but I think Burger King’s coffee is much more tasty than that of Mac. That’s why I often go to Burger King.

あと、バーガーキングのフライドポテトは、おそらく注文が入ってから揚げる方式だと思うので、ポテトも、マックより美味しいと思います。なので、バーガーキングへよく行きます。(83 characters)
In addition to that, I think Burger King’s fried potato is fried to order. Thus, I think its potato is more tasy than that of Mac. That is also one of reasons.

(Total 204 Japanese characters)

Practice

Now, your turn. Try to write answers in accordance with Level 1-3 and share your writings in the comment section on Reddit. 


Ending

OK, that’s all for today. Thanks for checking. Bye bye.
じゃあ今日は、これで終わりです。ありがとうございました。

I will announce uploading new contents, if you like, please subscribe.

Subscribe YouTube☆


Subscribe Twitter☆ 

Reference
DMM Eikaiwa 2020, Studio Ghibli Museum Shares Short Video Tours
スタジオジブリ美術館、短い動画ツアーを共有,