Thursday, September 14, 2023

#1: Writing Exercise: [ Do you like Starbucks? What do you usually order there?, スターバックスが好きですか。スタバで、普段、何を注文しますか。] Write your answer in Japanese.

①Instruction for Writing Practice

 

こんにちは。Motoです。For writing practice, I am introducing the following method. You can apply my method to your Japanese Writing Practice.


1: I pick up one question from “Discussion/Further Discussion” on the DMM英会話Daily News. This time, the question is 

“Do you like Starbucks? What do you usually order there?, スターバックスが好きですか。スタバで、普段、何を注文しますか”

2: I try to write answer sentences to “The Question” in English.

3: Usually, I will ask ChatGPT to correct my answer and compare the original one and corrected one.

4: For someone learning Japanese, I will leave my answer and its Japanese translation as example. (I will translate my answer loosely in Japanese, not literally.)

5: Now, your turn. try to write your answer in Japanese to “The Question”. You can refer to my translated answer in Japanese as example.

6: Put the question and your Japanese sentences in ChatGPT and get a correction.

7: if you like, post your original sentences and corrected sentences. I will check your sentences and leave comments.

 

②Notes

1: Many mistakes are necessary for improvement. It is OK to write just simple and short sentences.

2: Try to think about appropriate sentence structure and logical flow (this part is the most important).

3, In a comment section (Blog, Twitter, Reddit etc.), post your answer in Japanese in“48 hours” from posting this thread. Sometimes, I cannot respond to all (especially, off topic) because I have limitation of time but I try to check your writing.

4: If you add explanation and English translation, it will be helpful to understand and check your sentences more accurately.

 

③The Question

 Here is the question.

“Do you like Starbucks? What do you usually order there?, スターバックスが好きですか。スタバで、普段、何を注文しますか。”

 

④Example Answer in Japanese and English

This is a just example. If you are Beginner or Intermediate level learners, it is OK to write just simple and short sentences.

私はスタバが好きじゃありません。なぜならスタバのコーヒーの味が嫌いだからです。ローストし過ぎで美味しくないし、値段が高いからです。友達と集まるのに、他のカフェが見つからない場合のみ、スタバに行きますが、普段は他のカフェに行きます。

 (Corrected by ChatGPT: I don't particularly like Starbucks because I'm not a fan of the flavor of their coffee. It's too roasted for my taste, and I find it a bit expensive. If I can't find any other cafes to have a gathering my friends, I might go there, but I usually prefer other cafes.)

私(わたし)はスタバが好(す)きじゃありません。なぜならスタバのコーヒーの味(あじ)が嫌()きらいだからです。ローストし過(す)ぎで美味(おい)しくないし、値段(ねだん)が高(たか)いからです。友達(ともだち)と集(あつ)まるのに、他(ほか)のカフェが見(み)つからない場合(ばあい)のみ、スタバに行(い)きますが、普段(ふだん)は他(ほか)のカフェに行(い)きます。

 

⑤Reference

DMM Eikaiwa 2023, “How Starbucks Changed the Way We Order Coffee”,

https://eikaiwa.dmm.com/app/daily-news/article/how-starbucks-changed-the-way-we-order-coffee/uC0BtEaNEe68HtvU-i3lfg

 

⑥Update Alert by SNS

I will continue to upload of this series. You can easily get each time update, if you follow my SNS or Reddit account.

 

☆Twitter☆ 

https://twitter.com/motolearnshare

 

☆YouTube☆

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCiIPOjYxFa_hAi8338SZ7dw?view_as=subscriber



No comments:

Post a Comment

Post your Japanese sentences in accordance with Writing Practice Instructions. (Need to sign in Google)